I’m feeling fancy today! Food wise obviously, since it’s 11am and I’m still wearing sweatpants. I guess Valentine’s day just makes me wish for more than one of my go-to lunch recipes. So here I am, sharing this ~fancy~ dish with you. As my obsession with squash grows stronger, I decided to experiment again with my favorite pairing: acorn squash and feta cheese. This recipe really hits the spot if you crave a combination of the caramelized squash flavor, and the feta cheese’s tanginess. Plus it’s easy, delicious, and it looks ridiculously good when dressed on a plate. Don’t hesitate to try it if you want to impress your friends, family, or special someone. You won’t regret it. Bon Appétit!
Recipe loosely inspired by Lark & Linen
Prep Time: 10 min Cook time: 40 min
- 1/2 acorn squash
- 4 oz crumbled feta (room temperature)
- 1-2 oz whipped cream cheese
- a handful of arugula or spring mix
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the squash in 1″ wedges and drizzle with olive oil. Place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 40 min, or until tender and golden brown edges.
- While the squash cooks, whip the feta in a food processor with the cream cheese. This should take about 4-5 minutes until the mixture becomes really creamy.
- Next, reduce the balsamic vinegar in a small pot on medium heat. When it thickens, set aside.
- Lightly toss the arugula with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Spread a dollop of the whipped feta on a plate, drizzle with the balsamic reduction and top with the roasted squash wedges and the mixed greens.