Not surprisingly, I love food blogs! Which isn’t breaking news considering I have my own. What I mean by that, is that I also spend a ridiculous amount of time reading a lot of them. Seriously though… They’re addicting! I find it way more entertaining than watching TV, or stalking people on facebook. It’s such an amazing source of inspiration! Among my favorite ones, is Heidi Swanson’s 101cookbooks. If you’ve never been on it, you should definitely take a look and I promise you won’t be disappointed. I actually like it so much that I also bought her book. This quinoa patties recipe is one of my favorites. It’s so perfect that the only changes I made are to use a different cheese and type of herbs. It’s a great quick meal if you have leftover cooked quinoa in your fridge, and you can keep the batter for an extra couple of days and cook the patties to order. Bon appétit!
Prep Time: 20 min
Ingredients: serves 2
- 1 1/4 cup cooked quinoa (cooled down)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped in food processor)
- 1/6 cup grated Romano cheese (you can also use Gruyère or Parmesan)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/6 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked quinoa with the eggs and salt. Next, add the grated cheese, onion, parsley, garlic, and breadcrumbs. Mix well and let the batter sit while it absorbs the liquid. It should be moist, but it should easily hold.
- Next, form patties and heat olive oil in a pan. Cook the patties for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip them over and cook for about another 7 minutes.
- Top with a mashed avocado, good olive oil, fresh mozzarella or chopped tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle with tabasco.
TIP: These patties are delicious on their own, but a variety of toppings take them to the next level! I always mix and match them and eat the patties with a big bowl of salad!